Thursday, August 7, 2014

Tuck Front Dress

Pattern: Butterick 5947 MISSES'/MISSES' PETITE DRESS AND BELT: Dress has fitted, lined bodice variations with back princess seams, semi-fitted skirt, back zipper and self belt. A: front tucks. B: side front button bodice. C: back slit. B and C: front princess seams.
Sizes: 8 - 24                                                                                                                                        
 
 Line Art
Fabric: Polyester poplin from Vogue Fabric online and white polyester lining.



Accessories: This beautiful belt was purchased for less than $5 during my travels. The hat is from Burlington Coat Factory in Florida. It is ivory/white and I'll make an outfit to wear with it. I will not wear it with this.
I decided to save my invisible zipper since I will wear a jacket with this dress.

 
Alterations: Added 5 inches to the dress length.

This is a beautiful pattern. I did not like what I did to the front of the dress. The completed dress bodice width listed on the back of the envelope didn't work for me. It could use additional two inches to keep it from pulling across the front. Now, in all honesty as I mentioned above, it could have been what I did to the front of the dress.
If I did it again, I would use the tracing paper and wheel to ensure that all of the lines are straight.
All in all, I love the pattern and would highly recommend it.
I'm completing two jackets from this fabric to show with this dress.
 

16 comments:

  1. What a fantastic dress! Love that belt too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dorothy, I absolutely love this dress. Every time you make a dress, I think....this is my favorite.. But, I must say.. I think this one ,is my FAVORTIE.. Just beautiful..Looks so good on you.. I want this pattern, and I have been telling myself, I am not going to buy any new patterns..Use what I have.lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy! Each of us get caught up into the new pattern offers. Once we get a glance, we crumble when the during the sale.

      Delete
  3. OoOoOo I LOVE THIS! Black and white is always my favorite combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a very nice pattern. Black and white is my friend's favorite as well.

      Delete
  4. You always look so well presented. This is such a gorgeous outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another very beautiful make! It's going to look nice with a jacket as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've passed over this pattern many times. Way to go! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful....and perfect finishing touches with the hat and belt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen this pattern too - nearly bought it a few times - I like the button variation too.

    This looks lovely on you - you wear white really nicely. Love the belt. With a jacket on, no-one will know about the problem with the front.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful! Dot, are just glowing! Fabulous job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glowing more because you stopped by friend.

      Delete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments. I hope to respond to each message.