Thursday, August 20, 2015

Two for One

Simplicity 1280 Tunic Top

 This is a fun top to make and very comfortable. I just had to make two and there will probably be different versions in the near future. You know it is when you have so man ideas and so many patterns. You quickly move on to the next in line.


There were no alterations made.  I did add some roses that were purchased from Joann Fabrics. Aqua Blue Stipe Burnout-Look Shirting by Maggy London was purchased from Fabric Mart and the white polyester puff-textured fabric came from a consignment shop.


These are some of the pictures from my trip to Montego Bay, Jamaica.




 
 

 

19 comments:

  1. Love both tops. They look so cool and comfy. Like the details on the white one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two gorgeous tops! What a great pattern on you. And that blue is just amazing on you too. Love all the photos from Jamaica, it looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both versions of your top are great. I really like the rose detail on the white one. Great job! I'm going to look into that pattern. You've inspired me!
    Bonnie @ www.sewplus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like them. I didn't have time to show the pattern as I was in a hurry.

      Delete
  4. Very pretty top! Love your hair by the way!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two very pretty tops.. I love that you did the matching head band with the blue one.. Looks so pretty on you.
    Also love the trimming on the white one. Beautiful photos..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both tops look great!! I love your creativity with the second verson. Jamaica is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so breezy and perfect for the weather. I have this pattern and never really noticed the kimono sleeve tunic. I will give it another look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they both are comfortable and tend not to be hot. You'll have fun making this as the construction is very easy.

      Delete
  8. Wonderful tops. Love those roses... and the VIEW. What a lovely place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both tops are beautiful. I love the teal color of the first top and I love the roses on the second top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It will be hard not to make this view again.

      Delete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments. I hope to respond to each message.